The sky

The road is busy. 

I hate the traffic. I'm late. The day I finally get to meet my publishers. The day my dreams get a foundation at last. Someone just kill me please. I don't want to be embarrassed in front of all the people. Please. Please. Please. 

Actually, no. Don't kill me God, or whoever is listening. Need to see my dream come true before that. 

Finally but slowly, the vehicles reduce. I look to the right and left as usual and run. 

I run.

I'm two steps away from the other pavement. I feel a sharp pain across my chest. Oh, that hurt. 

I lose my balance. My ankle twists. The gravity pulls me down, my elbow scratching on the harsh, rough ground. My head hits the road. I feel the blood rushing. It hurts. So much.

I look up, the blue sky staring at me, ever so innocently. A motherly look, calling me in. It reduces my pain, soothing me. Its telling me something. I'm not sure what. It's blurry... I need to know. 

Heads abut all around me. 

They're blocking my view... The sky wants to tell me something. The sky is calling. It wants to talk. Let.. me.. go..

Comments